In a game that saw the Jets recover from two deficits, it left me somewhat stunned. The Jets downed the St. Louis Blues 5-4 in OT last night, and wow, it was a game.
Time to take a look at the good and the bad, shall we?
– Maurice took out the line blender in the 3rd period, and came up with:
Copp-Lowry-Perreault (Mainly due to the game misconduct to Brandon Tanev)
I was a pretty big fan of what I saw, and would hope to see some experimentation like this in upcoming games.
– The third period was pure domination from the Jets, controlling 81% of the shot attempts.
– We will all remember where we were when we witnessed Ben Chiarot assert himself as an elite offensive weapon in that third period.
– The first period was atrocious, and frankly I was struggling to stay awake. You can’t allow that kind of pressure to start a game.
– For yet another game, I found myself wondering if Blake Wheeler is playing injured. He currently only has 1 point at 5v5, and seemingly only looks at home on the PP.
– Mentioning it for the billionth time, but that third pairing is bad. So, so bad.
– I thought Hellebuyck looked somewhat shaky last night, so it’ll be something to watch as he currently carries a sub-.910 save%.
– Lemieux and Roslovic’s combined TOI was less than 5 minutes. Not a fan.
Well, it wasn’t pretty, but it’s a win. For a team that looks far from it’s potential, being 6-2-1 is a pleasant surprise. I’ll give the game a Yay for the win, but there were a lot of things I was groaning about when I was watching.
Next Action: The Maple Leafs come to town on Wednesday for a 6:00PM CT battle with the Jets.